Last updated: 16/10/10 VulSearch: view and search the Vulgate
VulSearch is a program for Windows 98 and later.
- View the Clementine Vulgate Bible with the Douay–Rheims translation side-by-side
- Fast full-text searching of both bibles
- Create bookmarks, cross-references and annotations
- Integrated with the Latin dictionary program Words
VulSearch is free software.
(VulSearch is copyright © 2000-07, but is released under the GPL. This means that it can be freely used, copied, modified and distributed.)
Words is used by kind permission of William Whitaker.
Download VulSearch 4.1.6
VulSearch 4 is quite demanding of system resources, and is best suited to a reasonably powerful computer (say less than five years old). For older machines, you may prefer to download VulSearch 3 below. Here is a screenshot of version 4.Download VulSearch 4.1.6 (9.6 Mb)
Note: you can update VulSearch 4.1.x to version 4.1.6 by installing this patch (1.9 Mb). To see which version you have installed, choose About from the Help menu.
Note: VulSearch 4 requires version 1.1 of Microsoft's .NET framework. You can download it here if necessary. You may have version 2.0 installed but not 1.1, in which case you need to install 1.1 as well—the two can coexist quite happily.
VulSearch 4 comes with the Clementine Vulgate and Douay–Rheims Bibles. If you wish, you can also download the following additional texts to use with VulSearch:
- the Glossa Ordinaria (courtesy of Steven Killings) (4.1 Mb)
- Weber's Stuttgart Vulgate (3.0 Mb)
- French Crampon (freely available at www.jesusmarie.com) (3.3 Mb)
- French Louis Segond (3.1 Mb)
- the Nova Vulgata (3.1 Mb). This text has been provided by Timothy Johnson and is hosted on his site: please check the copyright laws that apply to this text in your jurisdiction before downloading. [temporarily unavailable]
Note: These texts are provided for information. They may not have been approved by the Church.
VulSearch 4.1.6 will automatically keep your texts up-to-date with any corrections that appear here. If you have an earlier version of VulSearch, you can manually download the latest corrections to the texts. (Right click, save the file to your hard disk, then choose Update from the File menu in VulSearch 3.2 or 4.1.x.)
Download VulSearch 3.2
VulSearch 3 lacks some of the trimmings found in version 4, but in exchange runs smoothly even on very old computers. You can view a screenshot.
Download VulSearch 3.2 (14.3 Mb)
Note: If you have already installed VulSearch 3, you should instead install the latest and final update (5.7 Mb).
About the project
Join the VulSearch mailing list to be informed about future updates to VulSearch.